I know these pictures are horrible…but I was using my old iPhone in low light at the time so just…excuse the quality (I tried). STILL. Here I am. Writing this post, because I really…really want to share it with you guys. Because these aren’t just any kind of brownies:
They are slow carb, fudge brownies made of beans.
Now, I wish that I could be more helpful in terms of the actual recipe (maybe my trusty partner-in-crime, Karen, will be able to tell you the measurements if you ask nicely). But here is the original recipe*:
- 1 Can of Black Beans (Drained & Rinsed)
- 1/4 cup Truvia Sweetener — we used Stevia*
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract (check that NO corn syrup is listed in ingredients)
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder — we used SureBuy alkalized, unsweetened organic cocoa powder mixed with chocolate protein powder 🙂
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Tbsp Coconut
or OliveOil (coconut is preferable)
- 1 tsp. Instant Coffee *Optional — we didn’t use this
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Nectar *Optional — didn’t use this either
- 1 Tbsp Raw Cocoa Nibs *Optional — or this
- Preheat Oven at 350
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender
- Pour batter into a small, square brownie pan
- Cook for 30 minutes or until the edges of the batter start to pull away from the pan.
And once again, black bean brownies!!!:
*Care of Brenda Leigh Turner of LeanSecrets.com.
*I think we may have used a little Agave Syrup as well. 🙂