Don’t leave me hanging on like a yo-yo!
For the sake of continuity, I decided to make today’s post my 3rd favorite way to start the day: LEMON AND WATER.
I know this doesn’t sound like anything special, but trust me. Every morning, I wake up and the first thing I do is pour myself a glass (at least 12 oz) of cold water and squeeze half a fresh lemon in. Then I knock that back just the way it is. It’s fantastic and it tides me over for the next hour and a half while I wait to get to work and have a real breakfast.
Lemon juice is citrus, and when taken fresh has great health benefits.
- It’s got tons of Vitamin C.
- It’s high in antioxidants.
- It helps your body battle germs and bacteria.
- It’s high in potassium, which is good for the brain, nerve cells, and muscle cramping.
- It’s high in magnesium, which treats asthma, colds, fever, scurvy, heartburn, etc.
- It’s high in citric acid – which has its own plethora of positive effects on the body:
- Citric acid is a “weak acid” and so is easy to digest.
- It’s alkaline forming – which is good because most diseases (even cancer) breed in acidic environments in our body. I’m not a doctor so I’m not going to go into the nitty gritty details of the difference between alkaline and acidic diets, but I will leave you this excerpt from a raw diet info page: an alkaline diet stimulates the formation of calcium carbonate in the body. Calcium carbonate then neutralizes the “Strong” acids in the body, acids that can only be gotten rid of through urination, including uric acid which is the end result of protein metabolism. Because it helps in this process, it relieves the body of hyperacidity problems, irritable bowel syndrome, heart burn, and other related rich-and-delicious-meal-aftermaths.
I’ve found that starting the day with this little combo carries me through the day – keeps me feeling well, energetic, clear, and healthy. It’s a no-fail way to keep that metabolism going, and your intestines clear and healthy and strong! And okay, honestly, this number is so easy you have got to at least give it a try. NO EXCUSES!!!